Thursday, October 2, 2008

Somebody stop the crazy train

The second years are at it again (or still). ADHD boy, R, had a meltdown today. I was sitting in the teachers room when I heard him yelling in the hall, and then I saw the other teachers leading him into the teachers room. It took four male teachers to literally drag him into the room. He was really upset, he was hitting the teachers and yelling and kicking at things as they dragged him in. One of the teachers was holding his arms behind him, and the others were kind of surrounding him keeping him from lashing out. Apparently he was upset because he got in trouble for eating candy in class, but the girls do it all the time and get away with it. He doesn't seem to get the concept of using up all your strikes, because his behavior is always bad. Anyway, he was really acting up. They dragged him off down the hall after that, and I was kind of worried. I heard someone say something about a doctor and I had seen some guy in a white coat, so I was like, "woah, did they call someone to sedate him?" But I guess he was here to give the kids vaccinations of something, and it was just a coincidence.

This kid kind of rules the school. Every day fifty times a day I hear his name being mentioned by teachers, and he runs with this group of second year boys who are like the badasses of the school. But it's not like people look up to him and he's really popular (though I don't think he's unpopular), its just that the impact of his behavior (and the inability of his parents, and thus the school) to do anything about it, has a rippling effect through the entire school. Plus, he's violent, so he intimidates people.

No comments: